If You Can Do It! Do It!
The Question is Can You? Or Do You Want To?
If you can list your accommodation on Airbnb and manage it yourself then it’s best you do it yourself because;
- Your Airbnb management costs (change over cost) should be less as you will not have to pay to use our professional SuperHost Cape Town Airbnb management services.
- You will have to perform at least 20% better the Cape Town average occupancy.
- You may have a lot of free time and this can be an adventurous challenge to try out.
- You may prefer to control who has access to your home as many homeowners don’t like being told by an agency how it should be done.
On the other hand an Airbnb Agent in Cape Town like Agency.Capeholidays may assist you better if the following are important?
- From day one your home – if qualified – is in the hands of a trusted Cape Town SuperHost (read more here) with nearly 1000 5 star reviews.
- I said, above, we at least get 20% more than the Cape Town norm. If it’s an extraordinary excellent home it may even do better. Have a look at Mbali at 87% occupancy where the norm is 34% by other hosts, Mbali was 40% when we took it over from another agency and then 27 days booked for December. Obviously I choose one of the best homes to share with you.
- Yes, the change over costs will be higher but your home is in the hands of professional Airbnb agents or Airbnb SuperHosts.
- Flexibility, liaison and personal availability 24/7; you will not have to worry about going away and being online all day long answering guests, liaising with guests or handling critical guests.
After all that is said and done; we believe it’s better for a Cape Town homeowner to try to become a SuperHost if they believe they have the time and attitude. If not, they may always feel a bit of resentment and that will not be ideal for our Agent & Owner relationship. We have been there. It’s not ideal. But when we have mutual trust we make a winning team.