The Best Owners To Assist with Airbnb Management
I wish we had a crystal ball. Because it can go wrong. And it will – more here on the Airbnb Marriage Made In Hell.
When you work with an owner you have to become a team. There is no opposition. Because a good agent assist the owner by doing what the owner expects. And if the OWNER wins the AGENT wins as well. Is that not ideal?
Let’s consider a few qualifiers:
- If an enquiring owner kicks off asking how much we charge, you know he is shopping for the cheapest deal. We are not in the auction business.
- Owners who are not interested in reading, or rather studying our FAQs. These FAQs make our relationship transparent. We know. And you know. There are no surprises. When we get an owner not interested in reading the FAQs we know we don’t have a team member. We may end up with more and more misunderstandings.
- When owners start micromanage us. It’s great to get the owner’s input and it’s encouraged. But if it continues never-ending, it becomes pedantic, demanding, etc then the relationship will strain. It’s like you assisting your friend with his bad tooth.
- When owners expect us to maximize income but they want to set rates. Unfortunately maximising income should never be left to the owner. In the past, we had various owners who thought high rates equal high income. It’s not and owners have lost massive opportunities. More here!
- Owner’s who are very protective, and owners who cannot handle criticisms will find it difficult. Very difficult. Guests can be cruel. Be willing to learn. And improve from each criticism.
- Owners who tend to focus on reducing costs instead of investing in ways to increase demand for their home. What you save being stingy will never compare to what you lose not investing in improvements. If you want to focus on cost then it’s better to get a management company who does everything as cheaply as possible while increasing profitability is not an issue.
- Trust. Some owners trust very few people. If this is you then rather find another Airbnb management agency.