Maximising Airbnb accommodation income is “shorthand” for our focus on (long term) profitability over a year. Instead of focusing on maximising daily rates we ensure with our philosophy to:
- Build trust – reviews and high ratings from happy guests.
- We base our Airbnb rates on demand. And demand depends on seasonality and mostly on trust.
- Maximising income does not mean we are unreasonable at any time; our guest will never say the rates are cheap; we are not and will not ever be cheap, but guests will tell you we are reasonable.
- Our model of building a snowball of trust takes longer than a year. Getting 40 reviews needs patience (more here).
- But if we are lucky and demand jumps quickly to higher than 50% occupancy we increase rates. Let me add; we always adjust rates depending on demand. Always within reason.
Maximised income depends on trust; high rates depend on high demand.
As a Cape Town Airbnb accommodation agency;