Instant Booking is one of the features hosts don’t really have an option with. Airbnb gives you another option where guests can first discuss a booking. But still, you cannot decline if you don’t have a very good reason. And guests don’t like being rejected when your calendar shows availability. And if we cancel the hosts will never keep their status as a SuperHost (see more).
Let’s get to the details:
- Instant booking means we must ensure 100% integrity of the calendar.
- Any verified guest can reserve the accommodation immediately if the calendar shows availability.
- Any guest who instantly reserves do this by accepting our rules we set with the owner and the rules (T&Cs) by the booking sites like; Airbnb and Booking.com.
- All reservations must be accepted by the owner as he appointed us to do it per our T&Cs.
- CapeHolidays don’t check availability with the owner before a guest do an instant reservation.
- But what about owner reservations? The owner agreed to first check availability with the agent at all times and only then reserve the accommodation for his own use.
- Owners cancelling guest reservations: cancellations carry no owner penalties only if the cause is a major disaster or something out of reasonable control.
- Owners ending/cancelling the agreement do it in writing. All current/confirmed reservations are honoured. Any owner not communicating the cancellation of the agreement will honour future bookings. If these are not communicated and/or honoured the owner is liable for penalties.
- All websites like Airbnb and Booking.com do instant bookings. This increases the chances of getting reservations. Read about Airbnb Instant Book here.
What the above means is that everything works extremely well if the agent can ensure 100% calendar integrity. As agents or hosts, we cannot do our business best without instant booking.