I propose the following simple procedure:
How to Handle Your Friends and Family Staying:
Most owners use the agent as the bad guy that must be consulted. This removes the emotional ties between family and friends when money is involved. And it works like a dream for other owners. Owners can adapt the procedure to meet their needs as long as you communicate it in writing with us.
- Send friends and family to us to check availability, arrange bookings, quote them and get payments.
- They pay R1200 change-over-fee for less than 7 days’ stay. Longer than ten nights stay, with another linen change, another R1200.
- All guests get a 40% discount between May and September from the Airbnb guest rate they would have paid.
- All guests get a 30% discount between March & April and October to 15 December from the Airbnb guest rate they would have paid.
- All guests get a 20% discount between 7 Jan – Feb.
- No discount over peak 18 Dec to 7 Jan
- Any payment received will be reflected in your cash flow sheet.
- Our commission is on the discounted rate.
- Friends and guests should ideally stay 4 nights. If they stay shorter we will block 4 nights. This is due to capacity constraints. If we can fit in a clean sooner we will open the calendar sooner. For peak, the minimum stay is none negotiable at 12 nights.