How To School Holiday Rent My Cape Town Home- FAQs
Local Cape Town schools have a six-week break during December and January. For those who own a nice home in Cape Town, this is an opportunity to earn extra income by renting their property while the owner takes a break.
Many Cape Town “school holiday” owners want to rent their home but they don’t know-how. They think they will need to take care of it themselves. They also think it may be difficult to charge correct rates, so they are unsure about the best way to do this. But there is help! There are people with them.
You can read that it’s a difficult task to match the expectations of “school holiday” owners, and the impact of expecting guests (with a managing agent if you want to use one).
When managing an annually available Cape Town holiday home, feedback loops vary–the house becomes more guest-ready or foolproof. Owners also learn everything there is to know about their property. The same is not true for infrequent owners and thorough checks are required to ensure guests and owners are happy.
What is Airbnb property management?
An Airbnb Property Management company provides a service to accommodation owners who would like to generate income from their accommodation but are either not able to manage the home themselves or they are not interested in management and marketing.
What Is the Airbnb Management Criteria I should Consider Before I Decide?
- An Airbnb Property Management company should provide a proven track record of Airbnb marketing success; this is measured in the average review scores. In general lookout for Airbnb Management companies with an average score above 4.8 out of 5 ? (FAQ SuperHost).
- These management companies should be SuperHosts.
- How do they charge for Airbnb management? Do they charge a retainer or do they charge per incident? If the cost per incident you only pay if need. We have found management retainers make Airbnb agents lazy as they make money even if the home does not rent out. In our case, we only generate an income if the house generates an excellent income. So the owner wins when we do a great job marketing on Airbnb. . (FAQ What you are paying for..)
- Occupancy. Any Airbnb agency can promise you the sky to get the business. It’s like a real estate agent offering you a high suggested selling price to get the mandate. This is wrong. Airbnb agents worth their salt must have a higher occupancy than the norm. In Cape Town, we run between 25 and 50% higher. (FAQ Maximise Income).
- Rates: Any Airbnb management company selling their business on high rates is a red flag. Overselling will not work. As an agency we manage to ensure we get 5 ? reviews, so that occupancy can increase, meaning demand increases and only then do we increase rates.
- Management and marketing are major functions. Airbnb property management? includes maintaining and improving the home, liaison with guests, welcoming and greeting guests, sorting out issues.
- Marketing is useless without 5 ? management. Marketing includes but is not limited to setting Airbnb marketing best policies to maximize income by attracting exceptional guests; setting rates to maximize income through occupancy, minimum stay rules, cancellation policies, and others.
- Financial reporting. How do the Airbnb Agency report income and expenses, when and how regularly are you paid? Once a month or when the reservation is paid? We pay within 24 hours of receiving payment. (FAQ Cash Flow Reporting)
Agency.CapeHolidays.info is one of many Airbnb management companies Cape Town. It’s your choice. Obviously. But do your homework.
Agency.CapeHolidays.info is an Airbnb property management company with offices in Simonstown and Green Point.
You can look at Cape Town suburbs where we manage here.
In the hospitality business the motto is:
The mandate we agreed with the owner is to do everything within reason to get a 5-star review. We can never use the excuse, “Guest, please wait for 24 hours, as we cannot get hold of the owner to okay replacing the geyser”.
If we cannot authorize work, in an emergency with our proven and trusted workmen, then the owner is not really committed to us and our aims with the home.
Most emergencies we may get hold of the owner immediately but if we cannot we must act. Immediately.
This is not the question you should ask CapeHolidays. We suggest you read what our guests and owner have to say about us.
- See what our Airbnb guest said about our Cape Town Accommodation here.
- We are SuperHosts because we do well. See the criteria for SuperHosts here. See the above link to see our SuperHost badge.
- We are not driven to be the biggest or largest Accommodation Agency in Cape Town. Our only drive is to be the best. This mindset is critical for our peace of mind and our homeowners and 1000s of guests.
- Why would more than 50 owners in and around Cape Town allow us to manage their accommodation? We must be doing something right.
- Why would we be in this business from 2009 if we were to not trustworthy?
- Why would owners recommend us if we were not remarkable? See this redacted email we received from an owner wanting an Airbnb accommodation agent in Simonstown.