How To School Holiday Rent My Cape Town Home- FAQs
Local Cape Town schools have a six-week break during December and January. For those who own a nice home in Cape Town, this is an opportunity to earn extra income by renting their property while the owner takes a break.
Many Cape Town “school holiday” owners want to rent their home but they don’t know-how. They think they will need to take care of it themselves. They also think it may be difficult to charge correct rates, so they are unsure about the best way to do this. But there is help! There are people with them.
You can read that it’s a difficult task to match the expectations of “school holiday” owners, and the impact of expecting guests (with a managing agent if you want to use one).
When managing an annually available Cape Town holiday home, feedback loops vary–the house becomes more guest-ready or foolproof. Owners also learn everything there is to know about their property. The same is not true for infrequent owners and thorough checks are required to ensure guests and owners are happy.
The Best Owners To Assist with Airbnb Management
I wish we had a crystal ball. Because it can go wrong. And it will – more here on the Airbnb Marriage Made In Hell.
When you work with an owner you have to become a team. There is no opposition. Because a good agent assist the owner by doing what the owner expects. And if the OWNER wins the AGENT wins as well. Is that not ideal?
Let’s consider a few qualifiers:
- If an enquiring owner kicks off asking how much we charge, you know he is shopping for the cheapest deal. We are not in the auction business.
- Owners who are not interested in reading, or rather studying our FAQs. These FAQs make our relationship transparent. We know. And you know. There are no surprises. When we get an owner not interested in reading the FAQs we know we don’t have a team member. We may end up with more and more misunderstandings.
- When owners start micromanage us. It’s great to get the owner’s input and it’s encouraged. But if it continues never-ending, it becomes pedantic, demanding, etc then the relationship will strain. It’s like you assisting your friend with his bad tooth.
- When owners expect us to maximize income but they want to set rates. Unfortunately maximising income should never be left to the owner. In the past, we had various owners who thought high rates equal high income. It’s not and owners have lost massive opportunities. More here!
- Owner’s who are very protective, and owners who cannot handle criticisms will find it difficult. Very difficult. Guests can be cruel. Be willing to learn. And improve from each criticism.
- Owners who tend to focus on reducing costs instead of investing in ways to increase demand for their home. What you save being stingy will never compare to what you lose not investing in improvements. If you want to focus on cost then it’s better to get a management company who does everything as cheaply as possible while increasing profitability is not an issue.
- Trust. Some owners trust very few people. If this is you then rather find another Airbnb management agency.
The simple answer is that we manage all unique and remarkable Cape Town accommodation (see the areas we cover here).
We never said it must be luxury. Not necessarily. All we want is for guests to say Wow. Like these reviews (more here).
But back to your question:
If we consider peak rates ; our large homes rent for as much as R45000 per day, while small two-bedroom apartments about R2000 per night.
You can see the rates vary a lot. But let me just warn you; don’t get too excited looking at R45000 per night. Outside of peak this home will rent for a lot less. And very few homes will ever rent for R45000 per night.
You can read more on how to qualify your home here.
How Qualify Accommodation For Airbnb
Many owners want CapeHolidays to manage their accommodation in Cape Town, Simonstown etc, list it with Airbnb and other; the problem is they may wonder if their home will make the grade. Some owners may have an inflated perception of value and expect the ultimate; obviously, when our knowledge of the market does not meet the owner’s expectations we sit with unnecessary conflict. It’s therefore not only the qualify Accommodation for Airbnb but includes qualifying the owner.
- You can do our free qualifying quiz (here) on your own and get an instant report today.
- You send us the best photos of your place. It can be cellphone photos. But it must show everything; the good and the not so good. As long as it’s everything.
- Our interest is in remarkable qualify Accommodation for Airbnb. Guests must be able to see classiness when they view your staged and professional photos. See FAQs for photos and staging.
- Old poorly maintained homes will not make it. Note: Guests are seriously critical.
- Remarkable accommodation with great entertainment, pool, beach location, romantic setting, etc, quality easier because guests pay a premium to stay in a house with a pool.
- The owner must qualify as well. We establish this by meeting with the owner and understanding her expectations. What incomes she expects against how flexible her rules are and if it is reasonable.
Read more here on how Agency.CapeHolidays.info does business getting 4.9 out of 5-star reviews every time.