How To School Holiday Rent My Cape Town Home- FAQs
Local Cape Town schools have a six-week break during December and January. For those who own a nice home in Cape Town, this is an opportunity to earn extra income by renting their property while the owner takes a break.
Many Cape Town “school holiday” owners want to rent their home but they don’t know-how. They think they will need to take care of it themselves. They also think it may be difficult to charge correct rates, so they are unsure about the best way to do this. But there is help! There are people with them.
You can read that it’s a difficult task to match the expectations of “school holiday” owners, and the impact of expecting guests (with a managing agent if you want to use one).
When managing an annually available Cape Town holiday home, feedback loops vary–the house becomes more guest-ready or foolproof. Owners also learn everything there is to know about their property. The same is not true for infrequent owners and thorough checks are required to ensure guests and owners are happy.
The simple answer is that we manage all unique and remarkable Cape Town accommodation (see the areas we cover here).
We never said it must be luxury. Not necessarily. All we want is for guests to say Wow. Like these reviews (more here).
But back to your question:
If we consider peak rates ; our large homes rent for as much as R45000 per day, while small two-bedroom apartments about R2000 per night.
You can see the rates vary a lot. But let me just warn you; don’t get too excited looking at R45000 per night. Outside of peak this home will rent for a lot less. And very few homes will ever rent for R45000 per night.
You can read more on how to qualify your home here.
Why Keep A Management Kitty?is kept to cover management costs. We must correct an issue (maintenance, DSTV, electricity, gas, or other) when it occurs.
- A few owners tend to forget to pay their monthly accounts. When this happens you don’t want to let the guests suffer because the owner is asleep.
- Other times, maintenance is required, and getting money from the owner to pay or waiting for a booking to pay is not clever.
Note: Your Cash Flow statement is up to date 24/7 and shows you at any time what is in the kitty and what money is outstanding at any time.
How Qualify Accommodation For Airbnb
Many owners want CapeHolidays to manage their accommodation in Cape Town, Simonstown etc, list it with Airbnb and other; the problem is they may wonder if their home will make the grade. Some owners may have an inflated perception of value and expect the ultimate; obviously, when our knowledge of the market does not meet the owner’s expectations we sit with unnecessary conflict. It’s therefore not only the qualify Accommodation for Airbnb but includes qualifying the owner.
- You can do our free qualifying quiz (here) on your own and get an instant report today.
- You send us the best photos of your place. It can be cellphone photos. But it must show everything; the good and the not so good. As long as it’s everything.
- Our interest is in remarkable qualify Accommodation for Airbnb. Guests must be able to see classiness when they view your staged and professional photos. See FAQs for photos and staging.
- Old poorly maintained homes will not make it. Note: Guests are seriously critical.
- Remarkable accommodation with great entertainment, pool, beach location, romantic setting, etc, quality easier because guests pay a premium to stay in a house with a pool.
- The owner must qualify as well. We establish this by meeting with the owner and understanding her expectations. What incomes she expects against how flexible her rules are and if it is reasonable.
Read more here on how Agency.CapeHolidays.info does business getting 4.9 out of 5-star reviews every time.