How To School Holiday Rent My Cape Town Home- FAQs
Local Cape Town schools have a six-week break during December and January. For those who own a nice home in Cape Town, this is an opportunity to earn extra income by renting their property while the owner takes a break.
Many Cape Town “school holiday” owners want to rent their home but they don’t know-how. They think they will need to take care of it themselves. They also think it may be difficult to charge correct rates, so they are unsure about the best way to do this. But there is help! There are people with them.
You can read that it’s a difficult task to match the expectations of “school holiday” owners, and the impact of expecting guests (with a managing agent if you want to use one).
When managing an annually available Cape Town holiday home, feedback loops vary–the house becomes more guest-ready or foolproof. Owners also learn everything there is to know about their property. The same is not true for infrequent owners and thorough checks are required to ensure guests and owners are happy.
Our Cape Town Airbnb management services are ideal for homeowners who can not or are not interested in marketing or managing their own property.
Let me ask you a few questions to qualify your needs:
- Can you manage your own home and ensure a 5 Star rating for each and every guest staying? Can you enjoy your holiday away while guests demand attention? Can you be very responsive to guests? Are you willing to liaise with guests 24/7? Are you willing to negotiate with guests, resolve conflicts when it occurs?
- Do you know how to set marketing policies to get the best possible return on your investment? For example; setting the competitive rates, setting correct seasonal length of stays, protecting your home with the best possible cancellation policy?
- Can you generate 20% more income than the average Cape Townian using Airbnb? (Our occupancy is consistently 20% more than the average. Most are 35% and higher).
- Do you have on-demand maintenance people who will fix things there and then ensure you don’t get guest revenge when you are slow to act?
- Can you supervise maintenance work etc to your home 24/7?
If you answered yes to many of these then it’s better you manage and market your own home. You don’t need us.
However, if you cannot manage/market then our management and marketing skills will bring you, hassle free , at least 20% more income.
Our experience from 2009 will give you a better chance of renting your home for a fair price.
Compare our management costs with other great Cape Town Agents.
Other Cape Town agent’s commission is as much as ours or more. And they have a monthly management retainer as well. If these agencies have bookings or not you pay the retainer.
However, if we don’t get bookings you pay zero.
Zero commission and zero management fees.
Is this fair or would you rather pay us a monthly retainer for doing nothing?
Don’t you think our model, of management fees per incident, ensure we focus on rather renting your home for the best possible deal than collecting monthly retainers?
Our management function is exclusively available to you at cost .
There is no profit for us on management. Our managers get paid each cent we claim for management.
Note: guests pays an additional fee for the change over management incidents. It covers about 80% of the management cost.
No incidents! You pay nothing.
- We can unhassle your holiday home .
- And you have to do virtually nothing.
- The home will generate a healthy income while it’s maintained and improved at all times; while you focus on peace of mind.
For this, our homeowners choose peace of mind.
BTW: We are striving to be the best but we are not there yet.
If not we would not have grown our portfolio with very many happy owners.
Interesting: Why would our owners send us messages like this if we are not making a difference?